Thursday, December 18, 2014

I Learned So Much from the Hour of Code!

I wasn't going to post about this, but after seeing the reaction and watching the engagement from the students' discussions with each other, interactions, true cooperation, and thinking, I decided to change my blog post.

I was deeply inspired by what I witnessed this past week. These students are SMART. Smarter than I ever gave them credit for. I am excited about the promise that these kids bring!

Here is a video clip of one of the students during the Hour of Code  in a class this week. It was EXCITING!



One of the principals at one of my schools also participated. He yelled, "I'm awesome. I just want you to know that." Here he is.... Priceless.

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun facilitating the Hour of Code at Sandy and Copperview. I loved the student engagement! I have had so many students ask me about doing more coding activities. And I have had teachers ask me for more ideas. It was my first Hour of code, and I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete